Treasure Hunt | SLJ | #5

Today the Summer Learning Journey has started. The Summer Learning Journey is a program that helps students keep learning throughout the Summer holidays. The task today was to go on a treasure hunt for items we need to create a tool kit.

The items we needed to find was some string, a tube, something with a small amount of weight, paper, cardboard, something we can use to measure the size of something, clear plastic, something to write, draw, or colour with, and as a bounus, something that can hold our items.

The items we collected we objects we found around the class room. The items we collected were string/wool, a tube made out of paper, a dice that weighs a small amount, paper, a piece of cardboard, ruler, clear plastic, colouring pencils, and a trey to hold all our items. On a google draw, we put a photo of our items on it and label each item we have collected. 

I found this activity helpful because I infer that this activity was to help us collect things we might need to complete other tasks.

3 thoughts on “Treasure Hunt | SLJ | #5

1. Kia Ora Koura Beau great to see you interacting with today’s task from Nano girl. Rocket girl in this task has great ideas for alternative tools and tricks you can use.
    Which part did you find most interesting? Was there a most difficult part. I look forward to checking in how you go with the next set of tasks. Well done Koura Beau, you’ve got your first set of points on the board!

Mrs Tele’a

2. Kia Ora Mrs Andrea Tele’a, thankyou for commenting on my blog and letting me know how I have done.

I think when me and my partner had to find something small and light weighted we were almost stuck on what to find but we looked carefully and found a small, light weighted dice.

I think when we had to find plastic it was difficult to find one, since an ordinary classroom like us doesn’t have scraps of plastic lying around. Luckily my partner found unused plastic in the art supply, we then arranged all the items and put them in the tool box.

Once again thankyou for commenting on my blogpost, I hope to see you comment on one of my blogpost again.

Koura-Beau

3. Kia ora Koura-Beau

I really enjoyed your treasure hunt and the things you needed to find. Really liked how you labled the items so we can see and know what you have found for the treasure hunt. You explained it really well and how it can help you collect things that can be used for other task or activitys.

Jaylee